Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Morning Gardening


We woke up this morning to a wonderfully cool morning. The skies were cloudy keeping the temperatures down some for the morning. And with two small rains last week the ground moisture was good for pulling weeds and taking care of the garden. 





This time of year it is always hard to keep up with the weeding and canning too. And I had been canning so much that the garden upkeep had suffered. 


So with a cloudy Monday morning it was the perfect time to catch up on the weeding and pruning as well as picking what was ripe. 



Yellow tomatoes, cucumbers and cherry and pear tomatoes


Squash, okra and those big Brandywine slicers.

By noon the sun has popped back out so I am catching up on weekend laundry and taking care of the vegetables harvested today. Supper tonight is spaghetti sauce and garlic bread and oven fried breaded yellow squash. 

Had a really quiet weekend and got lots accomplished with canned tomato sauce and clipped and groomed both dogs and hubby too. 

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter


1 comment:

  1. I don't see where you didn't keep up.
    Your garden looks great.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails