Friday, May 20, 2011

Red Sky In Morning, Sailors Warning !!


I managed to crawl out of bed this morning early enough to watch the sunrise. The sky was painted a beautiful mixture of reds, yellows  and oranges. This was no suprise as I knew they were forecasting rain for today. As I walked out to snap this picture with a camera in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other I took a deep breath. Instead of that crisp morning air I got a great big scent of skunk.........


 It was a sign

My morning progressed to Baby O missing the school bus. I knew it was going to be one of those days.

Life goes on. I went out to pull weeds for the bunnies while Hank was napping.



I had to laugh at the pile up. Okay where's Waldo ?



My cool weather crops are really loving this cooler weather but I have to admit they need the rain. Above are peas, onions and potatoes. 


More potatoes, peas, broccoli, cabbage, mustard, spinach, beets and lettuce. 

Hoping that rains falls and doesn't go around us again. We could use atleast a good inch and then some warmer weather : ) 

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

1 comment:

  1. We got blasted again, yesterday and last night. Thunder, lightning, rain and it lasted for hours. It is still dark, I still hear some sprinkles and the creeks rolling.

    I am sending some rain your way.

    Your garden looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails