Sunday, October 3, 2010

First Frost


It's sunday morning the third of October 2010 and we received our first frost this morning. Saturday afternoon was spent madly harvesting anything that would be damaged by the frost. Guess that is the end of my squash, zucchini and okra  and cucumbers fresh off the vine. I shall indeed miss them.  On the flip side I have apples and pumpkins everywhere. The shed is full and the porch.  I see canned and pureed pumpkin in my future and a freezer full of frozen tomatoes to process as well. Dreaming of fresh pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread and muffins.  If anyone has any great pumpkin recipes please feel free to share.....
  



Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That was quick. Seems like just yesterday it was too hot. I knew the season was changing though because I have a cold.

    Hope you all have a blessed Sunday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a great pumpkin cheese cake if you would like that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far we've only had scattered frost-but for sure fall is here.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails