Sunday, August 15, 2010

Blessings


The neighbors goat continues to keep watch over us all !



We managed to get all the hay cut, raked and baled before Friday nights thunderstorms.

 

Baby Hank ( aka grandma's little butterbean) is growing in leaps and bounds. He is up to 11 pounds and changing daily. 

 

Hank's daddy  on the right( Fred's husband) and his cousin ( left)  managed to catch this monster over the weekend. I am babysitting Hank today while they go fishing again.

Meanwhile the canning has continued all week even with temperature soaring into the triple digits with heat indexes some days of 114. The garden had not produced record crops but has provided a continuous supply of food to be canned. For that we are indeed thankful. 

School starts back on Wednesday and Baby O will be a freshman in high school. I look back and wonder where all the time has went. I will again have the house to myself during the days but it will be awful quiet without her. I have to admit I shall miss her!

I am especially thankful for a bountiful harvest, a healthy family and you my friends : ) 

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails